Re: Upon boot, many strange and useless modules are loaded

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 18:00, Rob VanFleet wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 10:16:15PM +0200, mody@quick.cz wrote:
> > Nope. :-(
>
> Hmm, do you have hotplug or discover installed?  Those will attempt to
> autodetect hardware and load modules for them.  Granted they're supposed
> to load drivers for hardware you actually have...
>
> Sorry, just a shot in the dark.  Let me see an lsmod output if the above
> doesn't render anything useful.
He's running the Debian Kernel Image 2.4.21-2-<arch>

Right now, since the IDE Drivers have been broken out individually...
they are all loaded by default...

In /etc/modutil/aliases put in:

# Uncomment these modules you don't want loaded:
#alias ide-probe-mod off
#alias trm290 off
#alias triflex off
#alias slc90e66 off
#alias sis5513 off
#alias siimage off
#alias serverworks off
#alias sc1200 off
#alias rz1000 off
#alias piix off
#alias pdc202xx_old off
#alias opti621 off
#alias ns87415 off
#alias hpt366 off
#alias hpt34x off
#alias generic off
#alias cy82c693 off
#alias cs5530 off
#alias cmd64x off
#alias cmd640 off
#alias amd74xx off
#alias alim15x3 off
#alias aec62xx off
#alias adma100 off

If you don't need any of them... uncomment all of them.

Then run "update-modules"

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Fast blinking reveals the true visage of time pieces hidden within your
eyes.