Re: Upon boot, many strange and useless modules are loaded

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 10:16:15PM +0200, mody@quick.cz wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:21:31PM -0500,  Rob VanFleet wrote:
> > Check /etc/modules.  Any module entry in that file will be loaded at
> > bootup.
>
> Nope. :-(

Hmm, do you have hotplug or discover installed?  Those will attempt to
autodetect hardware and load modules for them.  Granted they're supposed
to load drivers for hardware you actually have...

Sorry, just a shot in the dark.  Let me see an lsmod output if the above
doesn't render anything useful.

Rob