Re: I can't find the file /usr/src/linux/scripts/modpost but I need it

 --- ramzez@netcourrier.com escribió:
> I try to test the kernel 2.6-test1 with my nforce2
> so when I compile the nvnet driver, i need the file modpost in
> /lib/modules/2.6xxx/build/scripts
> in fact, i have modpost.c and modpost.h but it seems it is not compiled
> Do you know how I can get it compiled ?

The mospost script is only present after configuring the kernel source with
'make config' (or another variant).  However, the nforce drivers will not work
with any 2.6 kernel (or any kernel after 2.5.48 because of a change in the
kernel module format).

There are several patches floating around that claim to allow the nforce
module to work with new module format, but the three or four I have tried have
not worked at all.

If anyone else out there knows of a way to get the nforce working they might
be able to point us in the right direction.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es