Re: Newly upgraded to Gnome 2.2.2 - SOLVED

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 03:14, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Hi.
>
> After 2.5 months of not updating a sarge-box, I took the plunge
> and made it an up-to-date sarge+sid box.
>
> Most things seem to work, except there's no window manager.
> Gnome fires up, and I can run programs, but only in single-task
> mode.
>
> How can I tell Gnome to use Metacity?
>
> I see instructions on the web to use a .xinitrc file, but I never
> needed that in the Gnome1.4/Sawfish days.
>
> I tried dpkg-reconfigure, but no luck:
> # dpkg-reconfigure x-session-manager
> Package `x-session-manager' is not installed and no info is available.
> Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
> and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
> /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: x-session-manager is not installed

This goes to show you why it's not always to work on the computer
very late at night after a very long day...
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-list/2002-August/msg00018.html

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |