Thoughts about my mail setup

Hi everybody.

Yesterday, I tried to read mail from my IMAP account via modem. This was
horribly sloooow. So I thought about my mail setup again. I know that I
could store my IMAP mails locally (fetch them once only) with
"offlineimap". At the moment I am using kmail for my three
mail-accounts: Two POP3-accounts on gmx.de and one IMAP account on
web.de.
I have read the man page of "offlineimap" and saw the remark that it
does not work together with kmail, but it can be used together with a
locally running imap server (courier). So, what do you think about such
a setup:

pop1@gmx.de -> fetched by kmail, sent through smtp.gmx.de
pop2@gmx.de -> fetched by kmail, sent through smtp.gmx.de
imap@web.de -> fetched by offlineimap -> fetched from local imap by
	kmail, sent to local imap folder, synchronized by offlineimap

Does this make sense? And no, baloo, I do NOT want to use mutt/exim..

thanks

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!