Re: DISK BOOT FAILURE

On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 17:51, Debian User wrote:
> i am unable to boot from /dev/hda.
What error? Lilo error?
>  i have a boot disk and that worked.
I saw from below -- which kernel does it boot? Lilo, grub? have you
tried re-lilo-ing?
> i am trying to figure out why i cannot boot from the hard drive.
> i have compaired this to a machine that boots but i cannot figure
> out what is wrong. help!!
>
> my root filesystem looks like:
<snip>
> my boot file system looks like:
<snip>
ok 2 kernels 2.2.x , 2.4.x. Did you have this problem with 2.4.x ever
since you changed? or is this a new problem?
> when i try to mount to the /dev/hdc drive,
have you tried to mount them by hand?
<snip>
The list needs info! Specific error message are best.
-Kev