Re: ATI releases update Linux drivers for Xfree 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3

Hiyall & Nick & Paul,

who typed....

<snip>
Nick Lidakis wrote:

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:28:10PM -0500, Nick Lidakis wrote:

Check out the release notes for the driver. They provide specific instructions on how to get the RPM install with Debian. I got it going ina few minutes using alien and dpkg.

Ah, cool. Any gotchas like kernel modules I'll have to deal with?

The 2 scripts will build and install the modules for you. Is that what you mean?

<snip>

I found the following did the trick for me , on my ATI 9500 Pro, in a Abit nForce2 board.

http://www.wlug.org.nz/RadeonOnNforce

Also, this is a goldmine for Tuxians.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?s=c3db0e041cf2111456eb7a51bd0926c2&forumid=61

*HTH*

Greek Geek :-)

/A man who turns green has eschewed protein./