Re: DISK BOOT FAILURE

after bios, i think lilo is not ever run. the bios displays the system
configuration then the error message:

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

my boot sequence is A,C.

the boot floopy i am using is 2.2.20. the machine was booting 2.4.
18 ...  for months before this problem occured. apparently, i never
made a boto disk for the 2.4.18 kernel.

i have not tried re-lilo-ing b/c i am unsure if the problem is a
bad lilo or not. could this be the problem?