Re: on-screen keyboard

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Jianan Huang wrote:

> I need a on-screen keyboard. I have used a very good one called
> Click-and-Type, a free software but only runs on MS-Window. I have not been
> able to find one in Debian Packages. Does any know of a good one for Linux?

Looking through apt-cache, I find this:

Package: xvkbd
[ ... snip ... ]
 xvkbd is a virtual (graphical) keyboard program for X Window System
 which provides facility to enter characters onto other clients
 (softwares) by clicking on a keyboard displayed on the screen.  This
 may be used for systems without a hardware keyboard such as kiosk
 terminals or handheld devices.  This program also has facility to
 send characters specified as the command line option to another
 client.

Does that work for you?

~ Jesse Meyer

--
         icq: 34583382 / msn: dasunt@hotmail.com / yim: tsunad

   "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we
    pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr : Mother Night