Re: sound configuration in Debian

On Saturday 26 July 2003 13:57, Andrew McGuinness wrote:
[...]
> # adduser fred audio

I was hoping this was my problem too, but no.  Mine is not a
soundblaster, it is woody on a thinkpad570, which I believe has a
Cirrus Logic CS 4614 Chip (but I don't know as it's second user kit
with no documentation).  I get the following error message - similar
but different:

   Sound server informational message:
   Error while initializing the sound driver:
   device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device)
   The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

Any hints where to start sctratching...?

--
richard