Re: Mplayer codecs, 'Face' error.

> (1) Writing 'Mplayer' as user I get
> "Can't open '/home/adam/.mplayer/codecs.conf' No such file or
directory"
> I've downloaded the Mplayer codecs file from the home page but it is
> currently
> in /home/adam ... that's not the same as setting up a conf file.
> (2) Mplayer now handles all my MP3's (tough, I'd enjoyed installing
> those sexy
> XMMS skins) but the video component crashes with the message:
> Error: "New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong. Please supply
the
> text font file
> ("/.mplayer/subfont.ttf)".

Try deleting ~/.mplayer.  It will be recreated the next time you run
mplayer, and one or both problems will probably disappear.  Also, for
the font problem, be sure that you have a line like

font=/usr/local/share/fonts/truetype/arial.ttf

(pointing to a valid font) in either /etc/mplayer.conf (best) or
~/.mplayer/config.

Good luck,
Andrew.