Re: crack traces in /var ?

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 01:54, Andreas von Heydwolff wrote:

Paul Johnson wrote:

[snip]

Err, and one more: Should I buy a hardware firewall/router instead of fiddeling around with iptables as an amateur?

No, just do a better job of firewalling. Maybe get a "trashheap special", install a minimal Debian on it and have it be your fw.

http://morizot.net/firewall/gen/ will do a good job of generating
an iptables script.

Thanks, Ron. I have been using a trashheap AMD 133MHz with a 200M harddisk and a woody stable install with iptables/firestarter so far but perhaps I had the firewall open just a bit too long once during maintenance. Will give http://morizot.net/firewall/gen/ a try - have been wanting to get rid of X plus the gnome libs on this little machine for some time anyway.

Andreas

PS sorry, Ron, for the private mail - keep forgetting about Mozilla's reply behavior