Re: [OT] SCO is going all out now

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 12:32 AM, Brian McGroarty wrote:

SCO has made no claims against the 2.2 kernels.

If worst comes to worst and SCO finally show some incriminating code
in 2.4, stepping back to 2.2 until the relevant bits are purged from
2.4 is all anyone should need to do to cover their assets in countries
where this becomes an issue.

InformationWeek ( in http://www.informationweek.com/story/ showArticle.jhtml?articleID=12801004)
reports:
SCO Group claims that Unix has been used to accelerate the development of Linux in two key ways--line-by-line copying of Unix System V source code into the Linux kernel and copying derivative Unix code that enables multiprocessing capabilities.

I have no multiple processor machines. Why on earth would I be pay a penny to license multiprocessing capabilities which I can't use?

I guess I'll be going back to 2.2 until this nonsense blows over....sigh.