Re: [OT] SCO is going all out now

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 10:06:26AM +0530, Sharninder Singh-662 wrote:

> > If worst comes to worst and SCO finally show some incriminating code
> > in 2.4, stepping back to 2.2 until the relevant bits are purged from
> > 2.4 is all anyone should need to do to cover their assets in countries
> > where this becomes an issue.
>
> ya .. very true and debian makes it even better by coming with a 2.2
> installation in the stable distro. itself. is 2.6 also affected by this SCO
> claim ?

It can't be known if 2.6 will be affected until the specific claims
are made public.

SCO are still waving around a sealed envelope for anyone not willing
to sign a rather nasty contract. IANAL, but I suspect the courts will
force disclosure if Linux-related businesses approach the courts and
demonstrate that they are being adversely affected by this.