Re: configuring DHCLIENT-2.2.x

    "Lars" == Lars Unin <lars_unin@linuxmail.org> writes:

    Lars> I installed using a hard disk net install with kernel
    Lars> 2.4.18-bf.  i'll have a go at downloading packages,
    Lars> otherwise i've just about given up.

What is a "hard disk net install"? Probably you need the initrd tools
etc. Perhaps if I understood how you installed Debian (give me a link
to a web page or something) perhaps I could help.

    Lars> When sarge is released I may come for another look,
    Lars> otherwise though Debian doesn't seem to be up to scratch
    Lars> yet.

I'm sorry it is not working out for you. If your network card is not
supported by the installer (which seems to be the case) a network
install is going to be, well, kinda hard :-)

Cheers!
Shyamal