Re: Obscure Perl modules

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:29:24 -0500, Nathan Poznick
<poznick@conwaycorp.net> wrote:

>Thus spake Leif B. Kristensen:
>> However, I wonder if there is any correspondence between a package name
>> such as it appears on say, CPAN, and the Debian package names? Shouldn't
>> the original module name be referred to on the package page?
>
>http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/perl-policy/ch-module_packages.html#s-package_names
>
>> Secondly, what is the easiest way to obtain documentation on any package
>> residing on packages.debian.org? The abovementioned url was certainly
>> not very helpful with a link to the plain old documentation. In this
>> example, just a link to
>> http://search.cpan.org/author/JANPAZ/DBD-XBase-0.234/lib/XBase.pm would
>> have gone a long way. Ideally, any documentation following the original
>> package should be directly accessible from packages.debian.org.
>
>Install the package and read the documentation.

Ahem. So, in order to find one package of interest, I should install a
random number of packages and read the documentation afterwards? Or,
maybe I could run an

apt-get install *

and be finished with it once and for all?

Thank you for a really imaginative suggestion.

regards,
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen
http://solumslekt.org/