Re: configuring DHCLIENT-2.2.x

Can't tell from what you've written, but you might be selling Debian
short because you're not using the package system properly.

Many packages depend on others - this is true in other distros too.

apt-get will alert on dependencies, but you might try installing
aptitude (apt-get install aptitude) and use that.  It provides a lot
more context for what is happening, which can help figure out situations
where a previous choice (especially mixing packages between versions)
causes a conflict later.

Cheers,
Bret

bwaldow at alum.mit.edu