nVidia problems

I wrote earlier about the problems I was having with the onboard graphics. I had a spare PCI card with the same video chip (Riva TNT2 Mach64 16mb) so I installed it, disabled the onboard and viola! I got video!

The onboard will only work with the nv driver even though it is the same as the PCI card. Can't explain it, but at this point, who cares.

The suggestion came from numerous folks in this list to disable the onboard. Glad I listened.

Thanks!!

--
Jose
jmirles@sc.rr.com