Automatic renice

 Do you know a way to set the niceness of a process without typing renice
at the command line after each reboot? Especially when renicing to -10,
which needs to be root...

 Problem : xmms skips sometimes due to the -ck patches ; I'd like to keep
the patches, KDE is much more responsive, and setting xmms to -10
(everything else is 0).

 As a last solution, I'd cron a script as root to renice automatically,
but I can't obtain a list of the xmms processes (' ps -A | grep xmms |
awk "{print $1}" ' gives the whole line, same with 'cut -f1  -d" "'

 Thanks!

PS : I've tried the schedutils, they don't seem t be useful.

--
Christophe Courtois - Ostwald, Alsace, France
http://www.courtois.cc/ - Clé PGP : 0F33E837