Re: cvs command usage remotely

"Asim Hussain" <asim911@hotmail.com> writes:

> i want to use CVS commands such as update, checkout and checkin
> remotely...  i used the command:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:asim@192.168.4.10:/product/b/cvs/srcRepositiory login
> to login....i enter my password and i get in...

Do you, in fact, have a CVS pserver set up?  In my experience, the far
more common way is to do CVS-over-ssh:

  CVS_RSH=ssh
  CVSROOT=cvs.example.com:/usr/local/cvsroot
  export CVS_RSH CVSROOT
  cvs checkout myproject

This requires remote login ability on cvs.example.com, and that the
repository in fact be rooted in /usr/local/cvsroot there; substitute
appropriately in the above recipe.  You could use 'cvs -d' instead of
setting CVSROOT, but you do need to set CVS_RSH in the environment
regardless.

	-- Abra Mitchell