Re: Automatic renice

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:20:09 +0200, Christophe Courtois wrote:
>  Do you know a way to set the niceness of a process without typing renice
> at the command line after each reboot? Especially when renicing to -10,
> which needs to be root...

Well, you can set the nice value a program runs under at execution
time with the nice command. To set a default nice value for a process,
the only way I can think of would be to create a shell script or alias
to start the process.

--
Stephen Patterson http://www.lexx.uklinux.net http://patter.mine.nu
steve@SPAM.lexx.uklinux.net  remove SPAM to reply