Re: kernel-source-2.4.20-bf2.4 ?

also sprach Bret Comstock Waldow <bwaldow@alum.mit.edu> [2003.07.21.1554 +0200]:
> I don't believe the bf2.4 represents a different kernel source - rather
> it's a particular configuration of the 2.4.20 kernel, for installing
> ("bf" = "boot floppy" IIRC).

Yes, that I actually know...

> You can copy the config-<whatever> file from /boot to
> /usr/src/linux/.config (note the .) to duplicate your current installed
> configuration.  "make oldconfig" does the same I believe.

I also found that. My problem, and I probably wasn't quite clear
enough is that I don't know what revision to use for the kernel
module package.

PS: Please honour Mail-Followup-To, which is paraphrased in the
first line of my signature with every mail to debian-user.

`. `'`