Re: kernel-source-2.4.20-bf2.4 ?

I don't believe the bf2.4 represents a different kernel source - rather
it's a particular configuration of the 2.4.20 kernel, for installing
("bf" = "boot floppy" IIRC).

You can copy the config-<whatever> file from /boot to
/usr/src/linux/.config (note the .) to duplicate your current installed
configuration.  "make oldconfig" does the same I believe.

If you're not booting on this kernel, you'll have to find the config
file on the CD.

Bret

bwaldow at alum.mit.edu