Portable MP3/Ogg player supported by Debian?

Monday I start a job that will, at least for the short term, involve
spending three or more hours a day commuting.  I suspect that NPR will begin
to pall after a while.

I'm thinking about getting a portable MP3 player so I can listen to
recorded/downloaded content in my car.  I have never used one, and I'd love
to get some advice on an inexpensive one (I don't care about audio quality)
that is supported by a Debian package.  Searching the Packages archive finds
lots of tools to *make* MP3's, but nothing about supporting portable
players other than the Diamond Rio.  Hmm ... on second look, the Samsung
YEPP seems to be supported, if un-euphonious.

OGG support would be a plus, but isn't critical.

Thanks.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading