Re: Issues with kernel 2.6.0-test1 and other thoughts

Hello Roberto,

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 04:21:16 +0200, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> I must start out by saying that I am totally thrilled by the new kernel.  I
> finally figured out what was causing all those dumb unresolved symbols errors,
> so I spent some time tinkering with it today and got it running on both of my
> unstable machines.  I still have a couple of problems, though.
[...]
>      - USB mouse tracking is a touch fast (more annoying than anything else)

I had a small problem with the mouse (PS/2, not USB) when I switched to
2.6.0-test1, which might be similar to what you're seeing.  My XF86 config
had two entries for the mouse, one for /dev/psaux (PS/2 port) and the
other for /dev/input/mice (aggregate of all connected mice).  So whenever
I moved the mouse, an event was sent through *both* psaux and input/mice,
making the mouse move twice as fast!

A quick tweak of dpkg-reconfiger xserver-xfree86 to tell it to use only
/dev/input/mice and things were back to normal.

--
rd.