Re: Portable MP3/Ogg player supported by Debian?

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 05:20, Carl Fink wrote:

> I'm thinking about getting a portable MP3 player so I can listen to
> recorded/downloaded content in my car.

I've just got a portable MP3 player for my wife, is a Diva MP3 Player
from from http://mydivaplayer.com/html/diva.html
They range from 32mb -256mb and can also use flash cards, which actually
combine with the internal memory (unlike some of them who take over, i.e
if you had a 256mb version and bought another 256mb flash card, you
would get 500mb, where as some will only use 256 MB)

Its recognised by any distro running at least a 2.4.x kernel with usb
mass storage support, so just add usb-storage to /etc/modules and plug
it in, you then access it as:

/dev/sda1 /usb-media vfat rw,noauto,user 0 0

Reading and writing works great and you can get an in car kit from (over
here is the uk Argo for around £10) that plugs into the output of the
player and the cassette recorder in the car.

Hope that helps

Mark