Re: GeForce4 card

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 03:27:11PM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> At 08:11 PM 7/17/2003 +0100, john gennard wrote:
> >(**) Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
>
> >(**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
> >(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice       No such
> >device.
> >(EE) Generic Mouse: cannot open input device
> >(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Generic Mouse"
>
> The "EE" lines are pointing to references to a mouse set up on a DEVFS
> system. You may not be running that... Are your disk drives referred to
> /dev/hdaX, where X is a number, or a longer, more informative designation ??
>
> Edit your XF86Config file and change the references to "\dev\input\mice" to
> "\dev\psaux".

Based on the copied output, /dev/psaux is already there and loaded.  The
default XF86Config-4 seems to include to mouse definitions, /dev/psaux
and /dev/input/mice.  I have both in my config and have seen no problems
from them.

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings