Re: Suggestions on choosing an IMAP server

Neal Lippman said on Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 08:28:56PM -0400:
> The reason that I selected cyrus over courier was that it provided me
> with the ability to use fetchmail to retrieve my email from all of my
> pop3 mailboxes and forward the mail via lmtp into the imap store,
> because cyrus provides an lmtp daemon; this means that I don't have to
> run a full smtp daemon. I could not figure out whether courier does or
> does not include the capability to recieve incoming messages via lmtp.

AFAIK, courier doesn't support this... (the IMAP server certainly doesn't, and
I'm not sure if the Courier local delivery agent supports LMTP either).

Cyrus is the only open source solution I'm aware of for large mail stores, but
I found that courier-imap-ssl was much easier to setup and maintain for the
typical "small-medium office" setup, especially when combined with ReiserFS.