Re: startx problem--fixed!

Dear Todd

This time I edited  XF86Config-4 by hand(vi).  Change the "driver" line in
the "Device" section to "vesa" , and add a line in the same section that
says

 VideoRam  65536

Then reboot, and the Gnome was beautifully appearing in front of me. Woo, so
nice to see it. Very good.
I know I would not have had such good feeling without you and all other
Debian users' help.
Thanks very much for all your precious help and time. It is really great to
have experts helping you along before you are pulling all your hair off.

Now I will advance to my next hard trip_install Oracle 9i on Debian!

Best regards
Jennifer