Re: startx problem

Jennifer wrote:

Looks like two modules are butting heads trying to do the same thing.
I'm not familiar with "xtt", but I think
that only"freetype" is used in typical setups.  Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config
- probably towards the top there's a "Module" section that contains
lines like

Load "xtt"
Load "freetype"

Delete or comment out (#) the "xtt" line and see if that helps.

** Hi, Todd, I edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (by the way, it is XF86Config-4,
not XF86Config). and commented out (#) the line of Load xtt.
Now I reboot and startx. I still could not start X, and it came another
problem. Something like:
Fatal server error:
Add Scren/ScrenInit failed for driver0
Please see the attached for detail.

What should I do next? Thank you very much for your advice
Jennifer

It looks like you may be using the framebuffer. Look in XF86Config-4 for a line referring to "framebuffer", and if it's set to "Yes", set it to "No" and give that a try.

--
Kent

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)