Re: mondo/mindi restore fails

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 14:04, Benedict Verheyen wrote:

> Well, i tried using the latest mindi and latest mondo source code and the
> kernel listed for debian users at the mondo said and it still failed
> horribly. With the last setup writing to the CDRW even made my kernel
> panic so now after more some 15 hours it's enough, i give up.
> I think the problem lies in my custom build kernel although i enabled
> initrd on it. On a side note, i will try once to build a kernel with
> initial ram disk support. I did a quick test but that failed (something
> about init interrupted or something)
>
> Anyway, are there similar products out there for backups (bootable) which
> are less fussy about debian?
>
> Regards,
> Benedict

Mondo really is sweet once you get the kernel config correct.  Just for
the record one should read
http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/docs/1.6x-howto/kernelsupport.html
The FAILSAFE kernel should work with most IDE systems, however it would
not support my tekram scsi controller and I had problems with the -k
option unless it was the last option specified.

Good luck with your search.