Re: mondo/mindi restore fails

Op wo 16-07-2003, om 16:27 schreef Dale Hair:
<snip problem description>

> I had these same problems and more when backing up to nfs.  After some
> frustration I downloaded and installed
> http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/download/stable/final/mondo-1.65.tgz and
> everything seems to work as I expect it to.  I've tested by doing a full
> backup and restoring a few files.

Thanks. I downloaded the source (1.65) and read the INSTALL file but the
configure process didn't do anything. The install file says to run
configure first and that it takes a while plus prints messages. Here, it
immediately exits. I checked the content of the configure script and it
says:

#!/bin/sh

exit 0;

No wonder it exits :) Did you end up with source that actually has a
valid configure file?

Then make failed. So i snooped around and found out that i had to
install libcurses and libnewt. After i installed
libnewt0,libnewt-dev,libcdk-dev, libcdk4 the make ran fine. So now i'm
going to test it and let you know if it went ok.

Thanks
Benedict