Re: mondo/mindi restore fails

Op wo 16-07-2003, om 17:44 schreef Benedict Verheyen:
> Op wo 16-07-2003, om 16:27 schreef Dale Hair:
> <snip problem description>
>
> > I had these same problems and more when backing up to nfs.  After some
> > frustration I downloaded and installed
> > http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/download/stable/final/mondo-1.65.tgz and
> > everything seems to work as I expect it to.  I've tested by doing a full
> > backup and restoring a few files.
>
> Thanks. I downloaded the source (1.65) and read the INSTALL file but the
> configure process didn't do anything. The install file says to run
> configure first and that it takes a while plus prints messages. Here, it
> immediately exits. I checked the content of the configure script and it
> says:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> exit 0;
>
> No wonder it exits :) Did you end up with source that actually has a
> valid configure file?
>
> Then make failed. So i snooped around and found out that i had to
> install libcurses and libnewt. After i installed
> libnewt0,libnewt-dev,libcdk-dev, libcdk4 the make ran fine. So now i'm
> going to test it and let you know if it went ok.
>
> Thanks
> Benedict

Well, i tried using the latest mindi and latest mondo source code and the
kernel listed for debian users at the mondo said and it still failed
horribly. With the last setup writing to the CDRW even made my kernel
panic so now after more some 15 hours it's enough, i give up.
I think the problem lies in my custom build kernel although i enabled
initrd on it. On a side note, i will try once to build a kernel with
initial ram disk support. I did a quick test but that failed (something
about init interrupted or something)

Anyway, are there similar products out there for backups (bootable) which
are less fussy about debian?

Regards,
Benedict