Re: Update LCDproc client problem!

On Saturday 12 July 2003 23:24, you wrote:
> I have a CrystalFontz 20x4 lcd without keypad, that I am trying to
> get LCDproc setup on.
>  I am using the current stable version .0.4.3.
>
> The LCDd is working ok, I have the server screen displaying on my
> lcd with the main LCDd heartbeat.  It is just waiting for a client
> to connect, when I run lcdproc and give it parameters the last
> thing I see is the server screen saying 1 client is connected then
> everything goes black.  If I ctrl c out of the terminal I started
> lcdproc I get back the server screen.  Also if I start a text, or
> ncurses session along with the CFonts session in LCDd I get the
> text showing some system specs that I specified when starting
> lcdproc.  But the lcd screen is still black.
>
> I searched lcdproc.org archives but no one has any answers or has
> given any good advice about how to solve the problem.  The only
> thing people are suggesting is use the CVS stable which is .0.4.4.
> After looking for the change logs on CVS .0.4.4 it doesn't look
> like they fixed anything else .0.4.3 doesn't cover.
>
> In my user.log file I see this:
>
>  Raiz-MPX LCDd: drivers_getkey()
>  Raiz-MPX LCDd: Screen->Client List has timeout->-1
>  Raiz-MPX LCDd: drivers_getkey()
>  Raiz-MPX LCDd: Screen->Client List has timeout->-1
>  Raiz-MPX LCDd: drivers_getkey()
>  Raiz-MPX LCDd: Screen->Client List has timeout->-1
>  Raiz-MPX LCDd: drivers_getkey()
>
> This is repeated about 20 times everytime I start the LCDd or
> lcdproc.
>
> I did read on one of the archives that this might be normal, but I
> really do not know.
>
> This is my LCDd.conf CFontz driver section:
> [CFontz]
> # CrystalFontz driver
> # Select the output device to use [/dev/lcd]
> Device=/dev/ttyS1
> # Select the LCD type (size) [20x4]
> Size=20x4
> # Set the initial contrast [140]
> Contrast=140
> # The backlight brightness settings are retrieved
> # from the serversection now. And can therefore be
> # modified from the server menu now.
> # Set the communication speed [9600]
> # possible values: 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200
> Speed=19200
> # Set the firmware version (New means >= 2.0) [no]
> # if set, set Speed to 19200
> NewFirmware=yes
> # Reinitialize the LCD's BIOS [no]
> # normally you shouldn't need this
> Reboot=yes
>
> In the server section everything is default except the CFontz drive
> is selected.  To me it seems everything is setup right because the
> LCDd is showing me the server screen.  I think it is a lcdproc
> client problem.
>
> I am using an SMP machine here is my uname -a line.
> Linux Raiz-MPX 2.4.21 #1 SMP Thu Jul 3 15:33:22 CDT 2003 i686
> GNU/Linux
>
> I am using a custom kernel for 2.4.21 from what I have read lcdproc
> does not need any special kernel options for the CystralFontz lcd
> [...]

Just wanted to add to what I have already done,  I changed the
contrast and played with the config files again but to no avail.

I then used netstate -a |grep 13666 and watched the port 13666
conection, which took both connections.  So I decided to download
another LCDproc client and ended up with netlcdclient which gave me
the same problem.  I was not able to see anything on my display.

After watching port 13666 with the netlcdclient I also seen it connect
but I still do not have any thing other than a black display on on my
lcd.  Is their any other ideas you guys suggest.

Rthoreau