Re: Spamassassin became extemely slow after upgrade to latest version (2.55-2)

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:09:00 -0500
Marino Fernandez <mjferna@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I dpkg --purged spamassassin and installed the previous version, but still
> it is too slow.

    Hello.  If you haven't figured out what is going on I think I found
something to help you diagnose the problem.  Poking around the Spamassassin
configuration man page I found this:

       timelog_path /path/to/dir          (default: NULL)
           If you set this value, SpamAssassin will try to create logfiles for
           each message it processes and dump information on how fast it ran,
           and in which parts of the code the time was spent.  The files will
           be named: "unixdate_messageid" (i.e 1023257504_chuvn31gdu@4ax.com)

           Make sure  SA can write the log file; if you're not sure what per-
           missions are needed, chmod the log directory to 1777, and adjust
           later.