Re: Spamassassin became extemely slow after upgrade to latest version (2.55-2)

Also sprach Marino Fernandez (Sat 12 Jul 02003 at 12:09:00AM -0500):
> I just upgraded spamassassin from 2.53 to 2.55, and now it takes ages to
> download my email...
>
> I get my mail with postfix/kmail... before it wasn't fast, but it was ok...
> 100 messages in a minute or two. Now it takes one minute just for one
> message.
>
> I created a filter to select all incoming mail ant pipe it through
> spamassassin or spamc (with spamd running), and a second one to look at the
> headers for x-spam, etc.
>
> I dpkg --purged spamassassin and installed the previous version, but still it
> is too slow.

I cannot be sure; but, recently, when I upgraded to v2.55-2, the
slowness was un-bearable -- until I blew away ~/.spamassassin/* and
re-learned everything!

Now, over a month later, I average something under 5 seconds per message . . .

--
Best Regards,

mds
mds resource