Spamassassin became extemely slow after upgrade to latest version (2.55-2)

I just upgraded spamassassin from 2.53 to 2.55, and now it takes ages to
download my email...

I get my mail with postfix/kmail... before it wasn't fast, but it was ok...
100 messages in a minute or two. Now it takes one minute just for one
message.

I created a filter to select all incoming mail ant pipe it through
spamassassin or spamc (with spamd running), and a second one to look at the
headers for x-spam, etc.

I dpkg --purged spamassassin and installed the previous version, but still it
is too slow.

Thanks.