Re: OT: why I don't want CCs

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:14:52AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 10:01:47AM +0200, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> > And kmail has one major advantage: I can read mails
> > with over-long lines without problems...
>
> So can mutt, but the ultimate solution is to tell your correspondants
> not to send email in a retarded manner.

Besides, SMTP _does_ have a line-length limit.  There was a thread in
the past few months either here or d-curiosa where someone wanted to
know why their one-line emails seemed to get truncated after about
1000 characters.  RFC2822 section 2.1.1 has all the gory details ...

  People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of
  thought which they avoid.
          -- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard