Re: OT: why I don't want CCs

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 09:31, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Joerg Johannes <liste_joerg@gmx.de> [2003.07.16.0919
+0200]:
> > I tried that, but I hate vim being the default editor, setting it
> > to xemacs caused problems in my xterm. Furthermore I use pop/smtp
> > to get/sen my emails via a freemail provider, and I did not want
> > to mess around with exim & co. to send mail. Kmail does this all
> > ok for me. I guess I am lame, too.
>
> mutt can do pop/smtp without problems, and the problem with the
> xterm is easily solved. so the question is: do you want to use mutt,
> or are you a GUI person. whichever one is lame, who cares. it's your
> choice!

Well, I always use the GUI, but I don't like the mouse. kmail is
comletely keyboard-controllable, so I use it. I have tried mutt before,
but with mutt comes procmail (for sorting mails) and heavy .muttrc
editing. (I have tried out lots of muttrc's from
http://www.dotfiles.com/index.php3?app_id=27 but have never got smtp
sending to work.) And kmail has one major advantage: I can read mails
with over-long lines without problems...

> > Gib GATES keine Chance!
>
> he's already taken a few...

Too many!

joerg