From: Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: phpMyAdmin
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:43:15 -0400

Didier Caamano(blood_omen_666@hotmail.com) is reported to have said:
> I'm having problems connecting to mysql using phpMyAdmin, locally I'm able
> to connect to mysql, using the user name and password, but when I try to
> use phpMyAdmin, with the same name and password, it does not work.
>
> I change the lines in the config.inc.php file, and put the absolute URL for > my server, then change the line for the name of the host and in outh_type
> change from config to http.

I just got phpmyadmin working (again) last week. To get it running I
read /usr/share/doc/phpmyadmin/README.Debian, which said:
USAGE

  The application will be available at http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
  after install.

I did not have to do anything to the config.inc.php file.

Phpmyadmin works just dandy, now if only get my php programs to work again.
:-(

Wayne
--
A user friendly computer first requires a friendly user.