Re: what happened to freeswan?

also sprach Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@matchmail.com> [2003.07.15.2304 +0200]:
> Unfortunately, what they are doing to keep the possibility of the
> US government trying to take action against them, has caused the
> mainline kernel developers to refuse to include their work in the
> mainline kernel.

I haven't followed this at all. Is there a comprehensive link?

> I'm going to be using freeswan for a while also, but I'm going to
> be helping to test 2.6-test ipsec to make sure it will be useful
> at 2.6.0. :)

Of course I will do the same. I am interested in using "native"
stuff whereever possible. However, primarily I need functionality,
and FreeS/WAN has been providing that. I will and am already testing
2.6 IPsec on test boxes, what I meant is that it will take a while
before I entrust my infrastructure to it.

PS: Please respect Mail-Followup-To. I don't want CCs on mailing
list posts.

`. `'`