Re: what happened to freeswan?

also sprach Noah L. Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> [2003.07.13.1935 +0200]:
> Yeah, I'm not too happy about how freeswan is handled right now, either.

I just talked to Rene. the 1.99 to 2.0 switch requires a rewrite of
the kernel-patch. Thus it will take a little longer. But there will
be a kernel patch. Thanks, Rene!

> Fortunately we won't need freeswan anymore, once Linux 2.6 is out
> (or if you want to use linux 2.5).  But still, I thought the old
> freeswan packages worked very well, and the new changes do seem to
> sacrifice some of the package's usefulness to me.

I am not going to convert to 2.6 immediately, nor will I trust its
IPsec implementation from day one. Thus I am happy to use FreeS/WAN
for another year or more. Aside, I like FreeS/WAN!

`. `'`

Invalid PGP subkeys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!