Re: keystroke ctrl+s freezes terminal/console

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 12:38:02PM +0100, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> Shawn Lamson wrote:
> > Hey all -
> >
> > I have noticed that pressing ctrl+s in console or xterm suspends
> > input... I have not figured out how to successfully get out of that
> > situation.  Is there a graceful way?  What is the purpose of ctrl+s (
> > i believe I have the emacs style command line editor )?  How can I
> > disable ctrl+s or alter it so that it does not freeze my
> > console/xterm?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > Shawn Lamson
> > shawn.lamson@verizon.net
>
> ctrl+q.

I counted three question marks and thus three questions in Shawn's post.
To which of those three questions was your cryptic post a response? Do
you think Shawn really *learned* anything from your post?

--
"A man's volition is outside the power of other men. What the
 unalterable basic constituents are to nature, the attribute of