Re: keystroke ctrl+s freezes terminal/console

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 07:33:47AM -0400, Shawn Lamson wrote:
> Hey all -

> I have noticed that pressing ctrl+s in console or xterm suspends
> input... I have not figured out how to successfully get out of that
> situation.  Is there a graceful way?  What is the purpose of ctrl+s
> ( i believe I have the emacs style command line editor )?  How can I
> disable ctrl+s or alter it so that it does not freeze my
> console/xterm?

Note that control-S doesn't suspend input. It suspends OUTPUT!
control-Q lets the output go again.

			Rogier.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
* I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you. *