Re: keystroke ctrl+s freezes terminal/console

Shawn Lamson wrote:
> On Tue, July 15 at 12:38 PM EDT
> "Antony Gelberg" <antony@antgel.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> I have noticed that pressing ctrl+s in console or xterm suspends
>>> input... I have not figured out how to successfully get out of that
>>> situation.  Is there a graceful way?  What is the purpose of ctrl+s
>>> (
>>> i believe I have the emacs style command line editor )?  How can I
>>> disable ctrl+s or alter it so that it does not freeze my
>>> console/xterm?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>
>>> Shawn Lamson
>>> shawn.lamson@verizon.net
>>
>> ctrl+q.

> Thanks it works - can you give me a little detail on what this is?
> Is in fact a "suspend"... what is its purpose?
> Again, thank you,
>
> Shawn Lamson
> shawn.lamson@verizon.net

http://computing.vt.edu/infrastructure_services/vtaix/commands.html

I found that in two seconds with google.  And yes, it's to suspend/resume
scrolling.  Probably been around since the start of UNIX.