Re: Radeon 9000 Pro

Hi Yall & Antony,

who is having some grief, with his Radeon 9000 Pro (full text below).

My previous card is a Power Colour Radeon 9000 Pro & I am now on a 9500 Pro.

I had my Radeon 9000 Pro up last year, using the DRI project stuff & it is good for 2D & ok for 3D.

Now for a quick cup & paste....

Check out the howto @ this URL.... (if you have an nForce2 board, otherwise the ATI drivers @ the German site linked in the article should go in just fine)

http://www.wlug.org.nz/RadeonOnNforce

Failing that, add this to your apt-get sources list for OK 2D & wait for newer & easier to install drivers out of ATI

deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk/ ./

I found the latter easier than downloading the full XFree86 4.3.

Up to you & *HTH*

Greek Geek

The problem with political jokes is they get elected - Henry Cote

Antony Gelberg wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to get XFree86 going with my Radeon 9000 Pro in Woody.

Here's the X output:

(--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1)
found
(EE) No devices detected.
Fatal server error:
no screens found

Here's lspci:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device
4966 (rev 01)
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 496e (rev
01)

In my XF86Config-4, I'm using the "radeon" driver, and not setting BusID (as
it's my only card).  I have tried BusID's of PCI:01:00:00 and PCI:01:00:01,
but no luck.  WIth the first one, I get the above error - with the second
the error message changes to "PCI:1:0:0".

I don't know if it's to do with being a dual-head card, but some advice
would really be appreciated.  I only have one machine (currently in Windows
:( ) so I have to reboot if you guys need any more information, but I can do
it if necessary.

I've just thought of something.  Perhaps the radeon driver needs both
devices listed in XF86Config.  I'll try that now and report back.

Antony