Re: Radeon 9000 Pro

 --- Antony Gelberg <antony@antgel.co.uk> escribió:
> Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> > --- Antony Gelberg <antony@antgel.co.uk> escribió:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to get XFree86 going with my Radeon 9000 Pro in Woody.
> >>

> > There is your problem.  The Radeon 9000 Pro is too new for that
> > X-server.  It is even too new for the version of the X-server in
> > Sarge.  You can either
> > get a Woody backport of XFree86 4.3 (from apt-get.org) or go to
> > unstable.
> >
> > However, unstable hasn't quite received the 4.3 version of XFree86
> > and the 3D is broken for Radeon cards.
>
> Hi Roberto,
>
> Thanks, what took you so long?  ;)  I'm not going to unstable.  I've also
> never played with backports, bet it's a can of worms.  :)  A backport is a
> later package version with dependencies that let it install on older
> distributions, right?
>
> Anyway, I'm gonna get me some of this...
> deb http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/packages/xfree86/$(ARCH)/ ./
>
> Antony

Antony,

I believe that the deb source you indicate is in fact a backport (XFree86
4.3 compiled to run on Woody).  Either way, good luck.  I myself am going
to try the firegl drivers from ATI (discussed in a couple of other threads
on the list) until 4.3 makes it into unstable.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es