Re: How to make the debian system shut down with power off?

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Stephen Cormier wrote:

>On July 2, 2003 06:07 pm, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
>> Yeah, I've been struggling with this too, and it has now gone from a minor
>> annoyance, to a big pain... I don't understand why I can't get it
>> working... Knoppix does it, so... So I'm glad you asked, so I can follow
>> up...
>Knoppix has in /etc/modules the line apm power_off=1 which I believe is the
>missing piece to your puzzle.

Hm, unfortunately, it wasn't... :-( Still, it is only the fan of the PSU
that is shutting down... Everything else is running.

Oh well...

Kjetil Kjernsmo
Recent astrophysics graduate                  Problems worthy of attack
University of Oslo, Norway            Prove their worth by hitting back
E-mail: kjetikj@astro.uio.no                                - Piet Hein
Homepage <URL:http://folk.uio.no/kjetikj/>
Webmaster@skepsis.no                            OpenPGP KeyID: 6A6A0BBC