cdrecord warning message

I recently rebuilt my system. I didn't use to get this message:

cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using
setpriority().  cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer
underruns.

The cd burned just fine but I'd like to know what needs to be changed to
avoid the warnings. I'm burning it as a regular user that's been added
to the cdrom group.

BTW, is there a way to re-read the /etc/group file without logging out
and then logging in?

--
"The authority of government ... to be strictly just, it must have the
 sanction and consent of the governed. It can have no pure right over my