Re: OT: CPU Speed and Temperature

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 11:52:52AM +0100, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
> Alvin Oga wrote:
>
> >a P4 should be running at about 30-35C ... in idle
>
> Yes, you are correct. It runs 30-35C at idle. At 100% utlisation for a
> while, it pops up to around 69C.

It could just be me, but that seems very execessive.  Non of my systems
exceed 55C *ever*.  You should look into better cooling or verify your
current cooling installation.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar